Wednesday, December 24, 2014

So time for a little update. [consider it my Christmas present to you. :)]

Lets see...where did we leave off...

Papa bear said, somebody's been sitting in my chair. Mama bear said, somebody's been sitting in my chair. WAIT, wrong story.

Lets try this again, ah yes, Saturday morning.

Saturday I woke up hopeful that things would be better, they weren't. Saturday was a nightmare, much like before.  However this time, I was drowsy as drowsy could be. I took Claritin before my shot and it kicked my butt. It kicked my butt like a prize fighter. 
Sunday was better. I could function more like a normal human. Monday and Tuesday were better yet again. Its like a reverse UFC fight. I start choked out on the ground, then can maneuver and move a bit while the "other guy" (Chemo) punches me in the face, then I can start to fight back a little (block punches and get a jab in occasionally), then I'm back on my feet eye to eye with the "other guy." Anyway, sorry for the analogy, especially for non-fighter fans (My husband loves jui jitsu and so fighting is something I get to watch from time to time).

I was so happy to feel good again by Tuesday. We had friends from Chicago stop at our house, which was wonderful. Then off to celebrate Christmas with Courtney and her family. It's so much fun to watch kids celebrate Christmas. They are so excited, innocent, and genuinely happy. LOVE IT!

Which leads us to today, Christmas Eve Day. I woke up today to get our elf ready for the last day at our house and there was snow. White, clean snow. Snow has a way of making things beautiful, fresh, and new. So I am happy to wish you a Merry Christmas from someone who feels good, ready to celebrate this beautiful holiday, thankful that I will have many more Christmas celebrations with my family, and ready to start a brand new year!

Merry Christmas!!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Better yet Willow was even your buddy!!! Huge progress! :)

    ReplyDelete